I spent the past couple months sourcing video content for tech travel company KAYAK's new and relevant advertising campaign, "Love Letters," aimed at bringing people together and celebrating Europe in these tumultuous political times. We are finally live, and so excited to present to you our Manifesto Video:
Lately, it feels like Europe is moving apart. As a company committed to bringing people together through travel, KAYAK believes that all Europeans must travel forwards together. By asking fellow Europeans to share their love and gratitude for one another via Love Letters, KAYAK wants to highlight the importance of how travel, and fostering an open mind, are critical not only on a personal level, but collectively for Europe.
Responsibilities on this project included researching historic and contemporary video material, negotiating rates, managing risks and contracts with legal. It also led to regular work as image curator for KAYAK's blogs for markets worldwide.
GET INVOLVED. SEND EUROPE A LOVE LETTER!
Click here for more information.
- Dec 12, 2016 Extra extra! Read all about it. Dec 12, 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 Olivia Jones on the cover of the latest "Dein Behnhof" issue. Dec 9, 2016
- Sep 22, 2016 New product shoot for Prosciutto San Daniele and Grana Padano Cheese Sep 22, 2016
- Sep 15, 2016 Check out the newest issue of "Positionen" Sep 15, 2016
- Sep 8, 2016 The new issue of "Dein Bahnhof" is hot off the press Sep 8, 2016
- Jun 30, 2016 Bavaria gets tech-y Jun 30, 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 The LIDL Deutschland Cup 2016 recipe shoot Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 New issue of "Positionen" is out! Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 23, 2016 The new issue of "Dein Bahnhof" is out! Jun 23, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 The future of the auto industry Jun 6, 2016
- Dec 10, 2015 New issues of Positionen and Dein Bahnhof are out! Dec 10, 2015
- Jul 18, 2015 Recent observations Jul 18, 2015
- Apr 16, 2015 Taste the tradition Apr 16, 2015
- Feb 17, 2015 A study in circles Feb 17, 2015
- Feb 10, 2015 A study in triangles Feb 10, 2015
- Oct 28, 2014 Up for the B&W Challenge Oct 28, 2014
- Oct 28, 2014 Sri Lanka Tourism hails a cab Oct 28, 2014
- Jul 22, 2014 Pfauen und Fußball Jul 22, 2014
- Jun 18, 2014 My first billboard! Jun 18, 2014
- Jun 16, 2014 Croatia wedding bliss Jun 16, 2014
- May 21, 2014 Food. Photo. FUN! May 21, 2014
- Mar 12, 2014 West spying on the East Mar 12, 2014
- Mar 12, 2014 Hospitals give me the creeps Mar 12, 2014
- Mar 11, 2014 Welcome, tiny foreigners Mar 11, 2014
- Mar 4, 2014 Revisiting the American Southwest Mar 4, 2014
- Jan 3, 2014 Another Charlie Brown Christmas... Jan 3, 2014
- Nov 22, 2013 One Explosion, s’il vous plaît Nov 22, 2013
- Nov 22, 2013 RIP, photography industry? Nov 22, 2013
- Nov 16, 2013 In home country... Nov 16, 2013
- Oct 20, 2013 Another Wall bites the dust Oct 20, 2013
- Oct 4, 2013 Anni's one year anniversary Oct 4, 2013
- Sep 16, 2013 A Free Wall (the pecking party) Sep 16, 2013
- Sep 16, 2013 Praha, ah-ha. Sep 16, 2013
- Aug 31, 2013 'Tanking' it to Prague Aug 31, 2013
- Aug 30, 2013 Anni in the press! Aug 30, 2013
- Aug 12, 2013 Exploring sexuality, gender through dance Aug 12, 2013
- Aug 12, 2013 Blown away by the Baltic Aug 12, 2013
- Aug 8, 2013 Prints for Prints builds studios, community in Ethiopia Aug 8, 2013
- Jul 21, 2013 'Das Boot' in a Bernau bunker Jul 21, 2013
- Jul 18, 2013 Potsdam, discovered. Jul 18, 2013
- Jul 6, 2013 The King of 'Cool' Jul 6, 2013
- Jun 30, 2013 Idoism's 'Last Beauty' Jun 30, 2013
- Jun 30, 2013 Shining through Sachsenhausen Jun 30, 2013
- Jun 14, 2013 Angel vs. The Devil Jun 14, 2013
- Jun 14, 2013 Ghosts of the Children's Hospital Jun 14, 2013
- Jun 6, 2013 URBEXing the Sanitorium Jun 6, 2013
- Jun 6, 2013 Wedding time! Jun 6, 2013
- May 30, 2013 Brauhaus, ohne Brau May 30, 2013
- May 30, 2013 Cycling the Oder Neisse May 30, 2013
- May 7, 2013 I'm a tourist here myself May 7, 2013
- May 3, 2013 Visa in the bag, baby. May 3, 2013
- Apr 30, 2013 Ana visits the Tiergarten Zoo Apr 30, 2013
- Apr 23, 2013 Iraqi Embassy, Berlin Apr 23, 2013
- Apr 21, 2013 Analog Voids Apr 21, 2013
- Apr 17, 2013 Berlin KA-Pow! Apr 17, 2013
- Apr 9, 2013 Catching up with Guatemala Apr 9, 2013
- Apr 8, 2013 Punk Berlin, coming at you! Apr 8, 2013
- Apr 8, 2013 Ah, romantic Berlin! Apr 8, 2013
- Mar 19, 2013 BEFORE and AFTER Mar 19, 2013
- Mar 5, 2013 Picasso and I... Mar 5, 2013
- Mar 5, 2013 Tibidabo Ahoy! Mar 5, 2013
We're excited to announce the release of the latest Positionen, dedicated to all the issues surrounding cyber security – a very important and timely topic these days!
We're excited to release the latest issue of Dein Bahnhof, with actor and funny man Moritz Bleibtreu on the cover. Inside, folks can read about the latest Spring fashion, enjoy the station portraits in Köln and Antwerp, as well as learn about tasty treats from around Germany.
The new issue of Positionen Magazin is out, with informative articles on how to keep your data secure, as well as safety standards and progress in restoring the Berliner Schloss. Also: the safe way to make a right turn on your bike! Check it out, and enjoy!
We're very excited to release the latest issue of "Dein Bahnhof Magazin", with the gorgeous Oliver Jones on the cover. Flip through to read about Olivia's experiences as Germany's most famous drag queen, as well as interesting articles on winter shopping trends, pllus enjoy the architecture of Dresden Neustadt's station. Complete your experience with a quick visit to Prague's main station, then chat with renowned puppet master Klaus Marschall of the Augsburger Puppenkiste.
I'm a few months late, but trying to catch up on my blog posts...
On the 6th of May, Prosciutto San Daniele and Grana Padano Cheese joined forces again with media consulta Advertising GmbH to create a new product shoot for the 2016 campaign.
I had the pleasure of producing the photo shoot, including hiring the photographer, Stefano Scata, of Asolo, and the food stylist, Alessandra Avallone, of Milan. Both have been in the industry for over 30 years, and their expertise showed loud and clear. I've never had such an easy, enjoyable (and tasty!) photo shoot. The clients were thrilled, as was my agency.
Here are some fun photos from the shoot, and I'll post the 2016 bruchure below. Buon appetito!
The new issue of the GDV's quarterly insurance magazine "Positionenf" is out today! I had the pleasure once again of photo editing the entire magazine, as well as producing photo shoots around Germany for articles.
Enjoy the issue!
The new issue of Deutsche Bahn Station & Service AG's quarterly magazine "Dein Bahnhof"is out today! I had the pleasure once again of photo editing the entire magazine, as well as producing photo shoots at stations around Germany, and beyond.
This issue features shoots in Hamburg, Hannover, Mannheim, Paris (special edition) and Dresden. Please visit the website to view the articles and find out more!
The magazine can be viewed here.
As lead art buyer for Gründerland Bayern – the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology – I was responsible for picture research for the new business pitch through Media Consulta Advertising. The campaign aimed to encourage the creation of startups in the Bavarian region of Germany.
Once the pitch was won, I produced two photo shoots (4 motives) at different startups in Bavaria – the first, at agricultural tracking technology startup Greenspin, in beautiful Würzburg, and the second at the robot developing startup Magazino, in Munich.
Please see below for behind-the-scenes images from the Greenspin shoot back in March 2016:
I'm finally playing catch up with my blog after months of non-stop photo shoots and magazine projects. It's been a very exciting time! The Lidl food photography shoot took place in March 2016.
Media Consulta Advertising GmbH lead the campaign for LIDL's Deutschland Cup 2016. Anni was responsible for producing the imagery needed for the children's recipe booklet "FITMACHER: Rezepte & Tipps für Kids" – recipes made with ingredients found at Lidl stores, of course.
In addition to the photo editing and art buying of all stock imagery used in the cook booklet, Anni also produced the food photography shoot from start to finish, including recipe finalization and editing, budget negotiations, and hiring the photographic team/food stylist for the shoot.
The images from the shoot are below. They look so delicious!
The entire recipe booklet can be seen below. Enjoy!
Hot off the press, the latest issue of the GDV's "Positionen" (Positions) magazine is out. Interesting cover story on the former vice-chancellor Franz Müntefering, as well as a story on the benefits of Riesterrente, and a continuation of the series "7 Jahre Länger," about people living 7 years longer than we think we do – what will you do with that extra time?
Please visit my "Clients: Publishing" page to view the entire magazine, or visit the Positionen website here.
The summer issue of "Dein Bahnhof" has been released, with a nice profile of the Lübeck Hauptbahnhof as well as the cover interview with international handballer Dagur Sigurdsson. Also check out the summer grilling pages and the healthy snacking story. Enjoy!
I had the pleasure of working on Roland Berger Consultancy's topical magazine, "CC," dedicated to the transformation of the car industry. It's a pretty interesting read, so check it out here, or see the gallery below. Enjoy!
The past couple months have been incredibly challenging and rewarding for me. I was assigned the task of producing three large photo shoots for Italian clients Grana Padano cheese and San Daniele del Friuli prosciutto, a campaign my team has been eagerly awaiting for almost a year! The two consortiums, consisting of about 160 individual companies, were just awarded with the Protected Designation of Origin stamp in recognition of their regional tradition, taste and superior quality by the European Commission. In celebration of this honor, the two consortiums teamed up for a campaign in order to spread their names (and regional products) throughout the European markets.
The challenging part was that, once contracts were signed and the campaign began, I had just two weeks to organize all three shoots – in Italy, speaking no Italian – in order to meet the clients' fast-approaching deadline. Two weeks to recommend, get client approval, negotiate rates and then hire the photo team, Neumann und Rodtmann, manage the budget, ensure arrangements for the stylist, assistant, translator and rentals were made, coordinate with the clients on locations and "real people" models each shoot, scout the locations (that's where the 800km of driving came into play), purchase props and gifts for the location owners, make travel arrangements for myself and my art director colleague, Sylvia, plus manage the clients' expectations. It was great fun, and very very intense. Everyone worked double time, and we were able to pull off all three shoots in 4 days, 800 km and a crew of 7. The photos came out great and the clients are satisfied.
…and every step of the way, there was very delicious (and dangerous) Grana Padano cheese and San Daniele prosciutto for the nibbling!
For the Grana Padano motive, we determined that the best location would be at one of their dairies, where the cheese wheels are aged for 9 months in long, beautiful warehouse rows. The best model was Roberto, a spokesman for Grana Padano and an expert in the tapping, branding and opening of the cheese wheels. He also looks like a sharply-dressed, Italian Bruce Willis. Not bad.
For the San Daniele motive, the most photogenic location was in one of the storerooms, where the prosciutto legs are hung for curing. Women typically salt-cure the ham legs in this process, so the owner of the factory, Mrs. Coradazzi, and another female employee volunteered for modeling. They wore nice, white uniforms and were all smiles as they demonstrated the process for us during the shoot.
The third motive called for a combination of the meat and cheese, so I asked the clients to recommend a traditional Italian deli for us. After scouting the locations myself, we chose a beautiful old deli not too far from the San Daniele headquarters. The owner of an enoteca across the street was our model; Bepi is an older gentleman with white hair, a great smile, wearing a tie under his apron. He is exactly who you would expect to be running a traditional deli. As for the shoot, the deli began as an empty canvas, and it took 4 hours of rearranging meat and cheese and assorted deli items until the location became a perfect 50/50 blend of San Daniele and Grana Padano. If the scene was too full of prosciutto, then the Grana Padano client requested more cheese. If there was too much cheese, the San Daniele client requested more prosciutto. But we finally got the scene perfect, and the photos look incredible.
Click here for short videos of the experience:
Here are some of my favorite images from the Grana Padano and San Daniele shoots. Enjoy!
This is a follow up to the "Study of Triangles" blog post from last weekend. It was a beautiful, sunny Berlin Sunday and I couldn't resist heading outside to bask in the incredible sunshine – with a purpose, of course. After the triangle exercise last week, I was curious about the next shape or theme I could focus on in a series. I decided on the circle this time, and was surprised how easy it was to find circles to photograph. There were too many! The challenge then became finding interesting compositions and unique circles – not just street signs and doorknobs. I'm happy with many of the images I made on Sunday, and again appreciative of the exercise and the challenge of seeing my surroundings in a new way. The time of day I photographed was mid afternoon though, and the shadows were long and glorious. Perhaps next time I do this on a sunny day, I will do a shadow challenge. Or post-rain in Berlin, I'll work on a reflections challenge. I'm curious to see what I can make.
It'd been a long work week and I needed to unwind a bit on Sunday, other than just laying on the couch with a book. Using inspiration from a photo exercise my partner had tried with students of his years ago, I suggested he and I go for a walk around the neighborhood and make pictures. The challenge of this exercise is to focus on only a given shape while photographing, as a way to see the world differently. I felt that triangles in "nature" would be a bit more rare than perhaps circles or rectangles, so we decided to stick with that. I only had my iPhone available for the exercise unfortunately – my 5D was at work – but I look forward to using my camera for future sessions, since it will obviously give me much more control over my exposures. I loved this study, this new way of looking at the neighborhood I'm already so familiar with. It really helped relax me, just walking around Neukölln for an hour, in the cold, just before dusk. All I looked for were triangles – nothing else mattered, and it's so interesting the different images I captured. Take a look here, and stay tuned for future exercises like this. I'm curious to experiment with color and textures too.