Happiness is eating a perfectly ripened banana with Trader Joes all-natural peanut butter on top (eaten too quickly to be shown here), coffee on the side. A delicious jar of peanut butter was hand-delivered 5,600km to Berlin this week by the most wonderful Cindy Strasfeld, my good friend from Portlandia. Hooray!
I don’t miss living in the States much (American politics are certainly not helping the matter), but my top ten list of things I’d kill to have regularly in Europe are:
1. Of course, my family/close friends/former roommate’s dog Bosco (see below... woof!)
2. Peanut butter aisles at the grocery store (really, Germany, two choices??)
3. Trader Joes
4. Fresh kale and spinach
5. Burritos the size of Texas smothered in green chile
6. Extra sharp cheddar cheese
7. Rye Manhattans
8. Ben & Jerry’s not costing €6,50/pint
9. Affordable ibuprofen/vitamins
And last but certainly not least....
10. LAUNDRY DRYERS
(How has this never caught on, Europe?)
Bosco could get away with murder